I LOVE smoothies… there, I said it. As a guy who has never been great at eating his
veggies a nice green smoothie is the perfect addition to my diet. Even the bad ones, trust me I’ve blended up some pretty awful tasting concoctions, are much more tolerable as a drink. But the good ones… I really crave the good ones. Craving kale? When I was younger I worked at a fast food restaurant and we used kale leafs to decorate around the salsa bar… who knew that you could eat this stuff?
This peanut butter banana smoothie is my favorite meal for after a run. You can certainly jazz it up a bit by subbing in the real deal peanut butter, but I like the powder for a lower sugar, lower calorie option.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
A delicious and filling smoothie. This is my post run go-to drink.
Credit: Andy’s Kitchen
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale
- ½ cup chopped raw carrots
- ½ cup chopped raw celery
- 1 medium banana
- 2 TBS peanut butter powder
- 1 tsp fresh raw ginger root
- Wash/rinse all ingredients.
- In a smoothie blender add kale, carrots, celery, banana, pb powder and ginger root (I don’t peel mine). Add almond milk to fill line.
- Blend together and enjoy.