So can we talk about the detox smoothies? I mean they are everywhere… it’s a great term, the word carries with it a connotation of new and fresh… starting over. But if we are being honest here, much like the word “earthy” is a polite way of saying “tastes like dirt” in regards to smoothies “detox” is just a nice way of saying “hey, don’t make any plans that involve being away from a toilet”.
Okay maybe that is a little dramatic. I mean we’re not talking the eye-drops-in-the-drink evacuation here, but this will most definitely get the job the done… if ya know what I’m sayin. And so on that note, give this guy a shot the next time that you need a… ummmm detox:
Mean Green Apple Cucumber Smoothie
Ahhhhhh, that detox smoothie though.
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ medium chopped cucumber
- 1 medium chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1-2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw ginger root
- Wash/rinse the fresh produce.
- In a smoothie blender add kale, celery, cucumber, apple, lemon juice and ginger root. Add water to fill line.
- Blend together and enjoy.