I’m a sucker for a good vanilla protein shake. So when I can sneak a scoop of powder into my veggie smoothie to make it taste like a milkshake, life is pretty good. Protein powder is an easy way to sweeten up your smoothie without adding a bunch of extra calories or sugar… plus you get a great burst of protein, duh.
I’ve had varied results mixing protein powder in my smoothie blender. Some brands blend in without an issue while others foam so badly that they blow up in the blender and make quite a mess. Muscle Milk is my favorite protein powder for blending. For the powders that do not blend well you can mix them separately in a shaker then add to your blended smoothie.
This is my absolute favorite smoothie; packed with protein and veggies this is a perfect post workout meal. The peanut butter powder is a great low calorie, low sugar alternative without sacrificing the taste.
Peanut Butter Vanilla Protein Smoothie
This one is the best.
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale
- ½ cup of chopped fresh celery
- ½ cup of chopped fresh carrots
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 2 TBS of peanut butter powder
- 2 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Wash/rinse the kale, carrots and celery.
- In a smoothie blender add kale, celery, carrots, protein powder, powdered peanut butter (in that order). Add almond milk to the fill line.
- Blend together and enjoy.